Saturday 27th May 2023
Registration is now closed!
Keep an eye out for registration for our 2024 rideout in the New Year.
Some photos from the rideout 2023:
Although it is free to ride we ask that all participants register before the event. Registration is mandatory and is required so that we can safely marshal our rides and ensure we have valid contact information for all participants.
Please fill in the registration form using this link ‘registration form’, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://forms.gle/GhjgKuFRRoavUP7W9
All riders must wear an ID wristband which will be provided to you on the morning of the ride.
Please note that this is a fast paced ride. You must be able to ride competently in walk, trot and canter.
Here is the ride route (red line then blue line):
Please read the disclaimer below before registering.
- Riders participate at their own risk.
- Horsebox parking on Jackson Street.
- Riders please assemble in Jackson Street.
- Marshals are appointed to assist in the smooth running of the ride out and parade. Riders must obey their instructions at all times. Marshals can be identified by an armband.
- The Lead Marshal is the pacemaker on the ride and should not be overtaken unless authorised to do so.
- The route taken by the Lead Marshal is the only route you should take.
- Riders are requested to keep in pairs at all times when the ride out is on a road or street.
- The ride is not suitable for lead rein. All riders must be able to keep up with the pace of the ride out.
- If a rider requires emergency assistance a Marshal should help. In the absence of a Marshal only one or two riders should stop and help. All other riders should carry on unless halted by the Lead Marshal.
- If a rider has to leave the ride it may be quicker to return by road. If returning through fields always remember to close gates
- Any riders leaving the ride at any point will not be allowed to re-join the ride.
- Riders who fail to obey instructions may be asked to leave the ride.
- It is compulsory for riders to wear protective head gear to British Standard requirements at all times when mounted.
- Identification wristbands will be given to all riders on the morning of the ride. These will be compulsory for riders to wear throughout the ride.
- First Aid will be in attendance. In the event of a fall or injury, riders are required to be assessed by a medic. You may continue with the ride if the medic considers you fit to do so. Anyone who refuses medical assistance and continues to ride does so at their own risk. Anyone who suffers a fall or injury must report to a Marshal at the end of the ride to fill out an accident form.
- Official quad bikes only.
- If you are hiring a horse – please ensure you have contact details for the person responsible for the horse on the day. If you are unable to continue on the ride for any reason the horse may need to be collected from a safe point on the route, or the horse may need to be ridden by a ‘spare rider’ until it can be collected.
- No horses are to be left unattended at any time in (or tied to) trailers or horseboxes
- Whilst every care has been taken by the Penicuik Hunter and Lass Committee and relevant landowners in facilitating this event, the Penicuik Hunter and Lass Committee and landowners will not be responsible for any injury to any person taking part nor liable for any damage resulting from any acts or omissions of any participants or spectators.
- It is the responsibility of those taking part, or their legal guardians in the case of minors, to ensure that participants have appropriate and adequate insurance cover for personal injury and third-party liability cover and that they take all reasonable steps to ensure their own safe participation in the event. In particular in relation to equestrian events, they are advised to ensure both they and their mount are both suitable and competent and that riders wear appropriate protective clothing including headgear.
- Please note that the Penicuik Hunter and Lass Committee reserve the right to refuse any person from participating in the event.
- By completing the registration form we will collect and process your personal data in order to have contact details of you and an emergency contact before and on the ride out. We will delete your personal data 1 week after the ride out is complete unless you receive a trophy, or are involved in an incident or accident, where we will then keep your personal data for 1 year (to arrange retrieving the trophy) or until the communication around the incident or accident is complete, whatever comes first.
Safe oot, Safe in everybody!