Festival Day starts with the horn blowing ceremony at the Town Hall at 8.50am before leading the cavalcade to Penicuik House at the invitation of Sir Robert and Lady Clerk to blow the ancient hunting horn.
The cavalcade the leave Penicuik House at 9.45am to ride across the Pentland Hills. The full timings are:
- 08.30 – Official party arrive at the Town Hall
- 08.50 – Horn Blowing Ceremony
- 09.00 – Leave Town Hall
- 09.25 – Arrive at Penicuik House
- 09.35 – Leave Penicuik House
- 10.00 – Cross A766 from Brunstance to Braidwood
- 10.20 – Cross A702 at Braidwood
- 10.30 – Races
- 12.30 – House O’Muir
- 13.05 – Leave Hour O’Muir to join the parade
The Hunter and Lass then lead Penicuik on Parade, put together with a lot of hard work by the Penicuik on Parade Committee. This is one of the highlights for our Hunter and Lass and we always appreciate everyone who comes out in support and the many people who take part in the parade to make it as great as it is year after year.
And we all end up the the public park for Penicuik in the Park, organised by the Rotay Club of Penicuik. Here the Hunter and Lass have a chance to go round the stalls, play the games and speak to the lovely people of Penicuik as well as people visiting. Let’s just hope the sun shines this year 🙂
Penicuik on Parade